Bleach Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How To Start An RP Thread

Go down

How To Start An RP Thread Empty How To Start An RP Thread

Post  Admin Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:34 pm

THREADS

An RP thread is one that follows a specific storyline. There can be a lot of different things going on at once, lots of interaction between characters. To keep things simple, please try and stick to PROSE RP. This is a type of RPing which involves writing out your posts as you would a sentence in a story. For example, rather than:

SZAYEL: *smiles* I have plans for you.

You would write:

Szayel smiled wickedly. "I have plans for you," he said.

STARTING A THREAD

To start a thread, first click on whichever forum your thread would fit into. A serious story would fit into 'srs business', whereas something just for fun would be in 'crack'.

After you've done that, click on 'new topic'. In your first post, if you want, you can take the time to explain where you want to go with the plotline of the thread, and whether it is a private thread or not.

A private thread is one where you don't want just anybody to jump in. If you're comfortable with more characters being introduced and becoming part of the story, then you should make it a public thread, by specifying or just not saying anything at all.

However if you are RPing a specific pairing or group and don't want anyone else to interrupt, you can politely specify this in your original post.

THE ART OF THE FIRST POST

LOL I'm totally kidding there's no art to it unless you're a crazy writer person like me. Just try to get some substance going, give people stuff to react to, and they'll be happy.

[/u]ANY OTHER QUESTIONS CAN BE ANSWERED IN THE Q&A THREAD.

Admin
Admin

https://lebitchroom.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum